Your lobby is one of your greatest opportunities to make a lasting impression and set the expectations of your customer. A lobby without a lobby sign or with a poorly done sign will negatively impact customer and employee perception of your company. A well-done custom lobby sign will radiate success, make a lasting impression, and set high expectations for your customers. That is not something to take lightly, and at Paramount Signs, we take this very seriously. As our partner in branding and image creation, your success IS our success!
When it comes to selecting the signs for your lobby there are many options and it can seem overwhelming. We compiled a list of the 5 best signs for your lobby to help you steer your business in the right direction!
The 5 Best Signs For your Lobby:
- Vinyl Graphics
- Dimensional Letters and Logos
- Panel Signs
- Illuminated Signs
Signs for your Lobby: Vinyl Graphics
When you think of signs you may not think of vinyl graphics, but they are one of the best and most versatile solutions to transform your lobby! Vinyl offers many different options with finish and texture and can be applied to any surface. From custom floor graphics to wall murals and lettering, to window graphics; the options are truly endless.
Places you can apply Vinyl graphics:
Advantages of Vinyl Graphics:
- Budget Friendly
- Variety of textures and finishes (gloss/matte etc.)
- Full coverage options for printed branding floor to ceiling
- Transforms your space as it is
- Limited only by your creativity (and ours)
Signs for your Lobby: Dimensional Letters and Logos:
A dimensional letter or logo sign is at large exactly what the name indicates; a cutout letter or logo with a dimensional element. These sign styles are the 3 most popular office signs because it adds a polished and professional ambiance to your space. With various options of material, finishes, and mounting formats they can be implemented in many ways!
The style of dimensional signage you choose will largely depend on the final appearance you desire. Metallic-looking finishes create a professional and classic appearance while colored letters allow for a more creative and whimsical look. With so many options available here are a few things to consider when looking at dimensional letters.
Elements to consider for Dimensional Letters/ Logos:
- Appearance: What should the sign say about you?
- Wall/ Space: Look at the colors/ ambiance of the room
- Mounting: Do you want it flat on the wall or on stand-offs for added dimension?
- Material: Do you want it metallic? Glossy? Glass-like? Round?
Advantages to Dimensional Letters and Logos
- Upscale Professional Appearance
- Works in any space
- Varying Materials allow for customization (metal, laminated foam, formed plastic, etc. )
- Many thicknesses and finishes are available
- Mounting variety (flush or stand-offs)
- Be aware, there is a minimum size dimensional letters can be made in
Signs for your Lobby: Panel Signs:
A panel sign is the most basic and standard sign style in general. Panels range in size, shape, material, and mounting method but allow you to display all your information in an enclosed space. While all brands can easily utilize a panel sign, for some it by far is the best option. Panel signs allow you to display all your content, unlike options like dimensional letters where you can only display select content.
Information Commonly Included in a Panel Sign:
- Full-Color Logo
- Brand imagery
Advantages of Utilizing a Panel Sign in your Lobby:
- Budget Friendly & Upscale options
- All your content is in one enclosed shape
- Can add logo and full branding
- Mounting variety (flush or stand-offs)
Signs for your Lobby: Plaques:
Plaques are typically smaller than panel signs and are used for specific messaging such as recognition, product lines, and timeline displays. What makes plaques a great addition to any lobby is that they beautifully display content that is content rich. Plaques make great secondary signage.
Popular Uses for Plaques:
- Recognition of sponsors, beneficiaries, or founders
- Memorializing an employee, owner, or founder who has passed
- Displaying elements of the company’s origins
- History timelines/ wall displays
- Product Progression over time
Advantages of using Plaques in your Lobby
- Professional and Clean way to display content
- Stand-alone messaging or part of a larger cohesive message
- Options to use 1 or many in a space
- Various mounting styles: flush, stand-offs, or suspension cables
Signs for your Lobby: Illuminated Signs:
Nothing guarantees attention quite like an illuminated lobby sign. While utilizing lighting within a lobby is not as common as the other sign styles, that is exactly why it’s such a great idea. Illuminated signs in your lobby are usually unexpected which will in turn create a longer-lasting impression. A well-done lit sign easily “wows” your customers.
With various lighting methods available, illuminated signs create the ultimate message. Whether it is front lit, backlit or edge lit, some options allow our designers to be creative in designing a sign that will meet or exceed your expectations. While this is a more expensive option, the impact will be well worth it!
Elements that Impact the Style of Illuminated Lobby Sign:
- Location and visibility
- Time of day customers will see the sign/lobby
- The surrounding elements of the lobby
Advantages of Illuminated Lobby Signs:
- Unexpected and bound to create a lasting impression
- LED lighting allows for long-lasting (and cost-effective) light
- Certain LED options allow for changeable colored lights
- Remote control options as well as timers for automated lighting
- Translucent vinyl (printed or solid) allows for full branding of the sign
Overview: The Best Custom Lobby Signs for your business
With so many options available we want to make the process as easy as possible without stifling your creativity. One of the many benefits of lobby signage packages is that they can include multiple styles to create a bold and branded oasis.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss these options further, feel free to contact the pros at Paramount Signs. We would love to review your needs for your lobby.
Remember, “Getting you noticed is Paramount”